thank you for your recent purchase of the Masontops Bean Screen Mason Jar Sprouting Lid! This product will help you grow your own sprouts easily at home.
SELECT YOUR BEANS
There are a number of different beans you can sprout for different uses. To avoid contaminated sprouts, we recommend using seeds specifically for sprouting that are certified pathogen-free and organic.
HOW TO SPROUT
1. Add 2 tbsp of seeds to a large wide mouth mason jar. Screw on the Bean Screen, pour in enough water to fully cover the seeds, leave to rest for 10 minutes, then drain by turning the jar upside down over the sink (with Bean Screen still on). leave the Bean Screen on until step 7.
2. Cover seeds again with cold water through the Bean Screen and soak for the recommended amount of time for your sprout type (typically overnight). The mason jar should be upright with Bean Screen on and away from direct sunlight.
3. After soaking, drain the water from the jar through the Bean Screen. Then pour enough water to cover the seeds, and drain again. Position your jar upside down in the sink or plate for 15 minutes so all excess liquid can drain, and the give the jar a good shake to get out the last bit of remaining water.
4. In your hands, roll the mason jar so as many seeds stick to the side of the mason jar as possible. This prevents them from all clumping together to ensure proper aeration.
5. Leave the mason jar on its side in a warm place away from direct sunlight (like a kitchen counter).
6. Every morning and evening, rinse and thoroughly drain your seeds and growing bean sprouts (see step 3) and repeat step 4. Ensure the seeds never dry out completely; rinse them 3 or 4 times a day if this begins to happen.
7. Once your seeds have sprouted (typically 3-7 days depending on the type), place them in a bowl with cool water to separate unsprouted seeds and hulls. Give them a final rinse and lay them on a clean surface to dry for 2 hours. Cover them and eat within 7 days (can be eaten raw or cooked). Bean sprouts are best when they are small and just starting to green.
. Wash and dry the Bean Screen thoroughly before and after each use.
Dishwasher safe; can be sterilized.
IMPORTANT SAFETY PROTOCOLS
To prevent illness, always use good quality sprouting seeds and follow proper instructions when growing sprouts. Is is especially important to ensure excess water has drained out of your sprouts between each rinse to prevent bacteria growth.
MASONTOPS 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
This product is guaranteed to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year following the date of purchase. Please visit www.masontops.com/warranty for full warranty details and limitations and to register your product for warranty.
FULL SPROUTING TUTORIAL AVAILABLE AT MASONTOPS.COM/SPROUT